Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourites 2020
Hello all!

It's been a while, and not sure how active we are these days but I've had a few beers and stumbled across the link to this board in my favourites. I've also been banned from Twitter for a week so I need to get some kind of social media fix.

So, for old times sake  ... what's your favourite:

1: Calamity

2: Jane

3: Beer

4: Virus

5: Exit

6: Cube

7: Dogma

I'll go first:

1: A zombie apocalypse. It hasn't happened yet, but I've watched soooo many films about it that I feel ultra prepared. I've figured out the nearest source of water, how to get there from the roof tops, the best weapon I could grab and I've talked through the scenarios with my family. Everything is covered.

2: Jane Doe, John's much over looked wife. It must be horrible to be her - endlessly dead, and endlessly Jane.

3: San Miguel, it's right in front of me and I thought it was Spanish but then I learned it was from the Philippines. I tell a bit of a lie because ob draught it's Camden Hells, but from a can it's definitely San Miguel.

4: Cow Pox, far and away the best virus ever because of that mad English doctor that discovered vaccination against small pox by experimenting on his gardener's  son. Fun fact - the word for 'vaccine' comes from the Latin word for cow.

5: Left

6: Necker

7: Science when it becomes faith. It drives me nuts when anyone says 'the science says that ...'. Good scientists will never say anything unequivocally it's about investigation, testing theories and generally learning about the world. Science is based on doubt, not belief.

Red
(12-19-2020, 02:14 AM)Red Herring Wrote: I'm still around.  I'll chime in.

Barrack Obama wore a tan suit once.  Conservative media went nuts.  One New York republican politician went so far as to say, “There’s no way, I don’t think, any of us can excuse what the president did yesterday. I mean, you have the world watching.” ~ Spoiler alert: Some presidents will do worse.

Wiedlen.  Guitarist from the Go-Gos. Had a thing for her when I was a teen.

Tecate in cans (I actually don't enjoy the bottled version though.)

Cordyceps Brain Infection.   It's fictional, so that's a plus.  Based on a real one, so that makes it good fiction and it's what creates the bad guys in one of my favorite video games "The Last of Us."  Which is kind of about a zombie apocalypse so it ties in to your favorite calamity. 

The emergency exits for Disneyland's "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride at the part where the seaport is on fire. If you ever get to leave then, you can walk past the fake flames and through the show building. It's pretty neat.

Ice... with whiskey and water.

Well, I was going to go with karma as I like the whole 'get what you deserve' concept of it... but as I age I find myself less convinced it actually happens.  Life seems pretty random to me.  Besides, it seems like I'm trying to lead in to some sort of 'your karma hit my dogma' play on words type of joke.  So I'm just going to leave that one.
The username Vladimir was far more amusing to me as a Dune fan.  Putin has managed to take the fun out of the name for me though
(01-07-2021, 10:37 PM)Sean-NoMoreVladimir Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 02:14 AM)Red Herring Wrote: I'm still around.  I'll chime in.

Barrack Obama wore a tan suit once.  Conservative media went nuts.  One New York republican politician went so far as to say, “There’s no way, I don’t think, any of us can excuse what the president did yesterday. I mean, you have the world watching.” ~ Spoiler alert: Some presidents will do worse.

Wiedlen.  Guitarist from the Go-Gos. Had a thing for her when I was a teen.

Tecate in cans (I actually don't enjoy the bottled version though.)

Cordyceps Brain Infection.   It's fictional, so that's a plus.  Based on a real one, so that makes it good fiction and it's what creates the bad guys in one of my favorite video games "The Last of Us."  Which is kind of about a zombie apocalypse so it ties in to your favorite calamity. 

The emergency exits for Disneyland's "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride at the part where the seaport is on fire.  If you ever get to leave then, you can walk past the fake flames and through the show building.  It's pretty neat.

Ice... with whiskey and water.

Well, I was going to go with karma as I like the whole 'get what you deserve' concept of it... but as I age I find myself less convinced it actually happens.  Life seems pretty random to me.  Besides, it seems like I'm trying to lead in to some sort of 'your karma hit my dogma' play on words type of joke.  So I'm just going to leave that one.

A most excellent response Sean.

I've played 'The Last of Us', and I'm not sure that 'Cordyceps Brain Infection' counts as a virus so much as an alien invasion, but I do appreciate that an alien invasion could come in the form of a virus so I am still scratching my bearded chin on that one.

I hope you and yours are well in these strange but not quite apocalyptic times ;-)

Red