Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone watch 'Broadchurch?'
So, I'm not a big TV guy but the wife has started watching a cop show starring David Tennant called 'Broadchurch.'  One of those 'pick something at random off of Netflix' kind of situations.  It started out with her watching while I surf the internet  but after a couple of episodes I started watching too.  One thing I thought made it far superior to American crime shows is that the actors looked like regular people.  Tennant's partner is played by Olivia Coleman... who looks like a person you might work with. In America male detectives can look like anything but all female detectives look like models.

We haven't finished the first season yet and I'm already starting to lose it though.  The show takes place in what looks to be a very small town but somewhere in the area of 97% of it's citizens are INCREDIBLY suspicious.  Specifically in the one, single crime the show seems to be focused on.  I notice there's another two seasons (series) after this.  Is this supposed to be an incredibly seedy town or are English seaside towns just loaded to the gills with shady characters?  I've been to England a few times but the only time I was near the sea was Yarmouth.  The only thing I found suspicious about the people there was simply the sheer number of them that appeared to be cousins of my wife.
The username Vladimir was far more amusing to me as a Dune fan.  Putin has managed to take the fun out of the name for me though
I think she just picked up an oscar. The other chick I think is the new Dr Who.

Broadchurch is the absolute tits
hahohe
While we're at it, what the heck was 'Casualty?' That's something that I've never seen aired in America. It seems like if I watch any English show or movie and see someone and think, "I've seen that person in some other show...what was it?" and I look up their past acting credits at IMDB, 9 times out of 10 they've been on 'Casualty' at least once. What was it to have such a revolving door of actors?
The username Vladimir was far more amusing to me as a Dune fan.  Putin has managed to take the fun out of the name for me though
Casualty was a shite uk version of ER
hahohe
(05-24-2019, 08:46 AM)Ymrader Wrote: Casualty was a shite uk version of ER

Except that, unusually, the hospital building in Casualty is built almost entirely from dynamite and has a tendency to explode periodically. Holby,  the town in which it is set, is the most dangerous town in Britain in which to drive, visit a club, or use scissors.
Angry
Ah. I see.

Well, we're on to series 2 of Broadchurch now. The original crime has been solved (or has it?) and now more and more suspicious people are popping up. Using this program as a barometer, I would assume 82% of people in England have a dark, mysterious past and that the prime reason for real estate agents is to facilitate escape from a sordid past and providing a fresh start at a new location (preferably with a view and easy access to public transportation.)
Oh... I should mention (while we're on the subject of David Tennant shows... assuming we still are) "Good Omens" finally started. There's only 6 episodes... so I'm spacing them out to make it last (kind of like anti-binge watching.) The first one was pretty damned good. Obviously books are always superior but if you can disconnect yourself this is a well done show.