Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the road to impeachment
Strap in folks.  The Democrat controlled House will impeach, the Republican controlled Senate will acquit, and Trump will get re-elected because the GOP base will have been galvanized (barring something more than this Ukraine stuff).
Sad but true.
The username Vladimir was far more amusing to me as a Dune fan.  Putin has managed to take the fun out of the name for me though
Same outcome different shit in ingerland...
hahohe
It's all gone to ratshit, hasn't it? But, as someone pointed out to me earlier today, a trump is a fart in Britain, a johnson is a prick in the US. Who'd have thought we have so much to unite us?
Angry
I never thought I would see the day when I thought to myself, "Man... I sure do miss Bush and Blair."
The username Vladimir was far more amusing to me as a Dune fan.  Putin has managed to take the fun out of the name for me though
We truly do live in the stupidest timeline.

Although it can't be good to have the Director of National Intelligence call the whistle blower complaint "unprecedented."
Me, yesterday: Trump can't do anything dumber

Today, Trump publicly asking China to investigate Biden: Hold my beer

I might be wrong about this.
A few years back Trump said he could shoot someone and not lose any votes. He genuinely believes he is untouchable, his support is so entrenched he can do anything he wants with impunity. He's probably right. Impeachment will get him reelected.
Angry
He will never lose his core. Even the ones that aren't flat out racist are unwilling to entertain the idea that they may have made a mistake. To say, "OK... Trump was a bad idea" would be to admit fault in themselves. This goes against the central selfconcept of American conservatives. Introspection and analysis are not part of who they are. Waving flags and bibles makes you a good person. Blowing up an orphanage in the Middle East is just 'collateral damage.' Saying, 'Hey... stop pouring so much industrial waste into my children's water supply' is evil. This is not a nuanced group of individuals.
Fascism is an eventual outcome and logical step with capitalism. We might see this in our lifetime. The pieces are almost all in place. Got to love the low information voters for the many reasons they are.