Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest news
For those who have not been keeping up, here's a brief summary of everything that has happened on the Brexit front in the 6 months or so since the last board went down:

Absolutely nothing.  4 weeks to go and we are where we were 2 years ago.
Angry
Westminster is an absolute shambles.
hahohe
(02-28-2019, 09:49 AM)Mr Angry Wrote: For those who have not been keeping up, here's a brief summary of everything that has happened on the Brexit front in the 6 months or so since the last board went down:

Absolutely nothing.  4 weeks to go and we are where we were 

It's actually quite entertaining in a grim kind of way. Shows what a terrible idea referenda are - at least they are when the 'will of the people' is different from the will of parliament.

It's a total, total, shit show.

Red
(02-28-2019, 09:49 AM)Mr Angry Wrote: For those who have not been keeping up, here's a brief summary of everything that has happened on the Brexit front in the 6 months or so since the last board went down:

Bet you can't wait for the increase in NHS spending. Four weeks to go.
(03-04-2019, 12:03 PM)drippinhun Wrote:

I'M holding off on a new hip until I can get a gold one.
Angry
(03-04-2019, 05:26 PM)Mr Angry Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 12:03 PM)drippinhun Wrote:

I'M holding off on a new hip until I can get a gold one.

Mr Bercow is determined that the entertainment should continue. I had been wondering why the government were being allowed to bring the same motion again and again, something that has always been against parliamentary rules.  And now they're not.  Predictably, Brexiteers are furious and screaming bias.  Won't make the shambles any less shambolic or catastrophic, but seeing Brexiteers foaming at the mouth is one of the few pleasures to be found in the whole sorry business.
Angry
It is an outrage that the government is not being allowed to hold the same vote over and over again until they get the right result. This is an affront to democracy. On the other hand, it would be an outrage to allow the people to have another vote as this would be an affront to democracy.

Marvellous.  Can't wait for the movie.
Angry
Well, we're still completely confused over here from a transnational VAT point of view. The company that was supposed to provide the updated files for tax determination has sent out a notice stating it'll be another week.

Not that this means a lot. Just stating we're in the dark as well.
The username Vladimir was far more amusing to me as a Dune fan.  Putin has managed to take the fun out of the name for me though
What an absolute clusterfuck this is. Political satirists are updating their CVs as we speak as there is no way they can out-do the actual reality of our fucking parliament.

Tonight, for those that missed it, MPs got to hold indicative votes - basically eight different options and simply tick yes if they could support it, no if not - so they could voted yes (or no) to all eight if they wanted.

The result - they voted against every fucking one of them!

None of them were voted against by a bigger margin than the deal the government had tried to get through parliament, so naturally our Brexit secretary said the votes demonstrated why the govt's deal was the best option (seriously...WTAF???)

Oh well, back on the roundabout we go...
Yeah, I tried to read the latest article tonight about that vote and my eyes glazed over and I stopped.